Tickets for the 2022-2023 North Central College Performance Series are now available at the North Central College Box Office, located in the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Avenue.
North Central College Fine & Performing Arts has announced the 2022-2023 Performance Series that will begin Sat., Sept. 24, 2022. Featuring live and in-person events perfect for all ages, the season will continue through May 2023. The lineup includes artists and ensembles, both new and returning to campus, with a variety of performances that span genres such as classical music, rock, jazz, family and youth theatrical events, and cabarets.
Located throughout the North Central College campus, performance venues include Wentz Concert Hall and Madden Theatre in the Fine Arts Center at 171 E. Chicago Ave., Pfeiffer Hall at 310 E. Benton, Theatre at Meiley-Swallow Hall at 31 S. Ellsworth and Kotel Chapel at 329 E. School.
‘Home for the Holidays’ series returns in December
In December, North Central once again will host the Home for the Holidays series. For 2022, the series will feature three artists new to the College: vocal icon Darlene Love, famous for the holiday classic “Christmas Baby Please Come Home” and multiple other Billboard hits; Norway’s all-female brass group tenThing Brass Ensemble, performing holiday favorites and carols from around the world; and Ted Vigil: John Denver Tribute, a tribute artist perfect for those missing the legend himself.
Season subscriptions and individual tickets now on sale
Tickets for individual performances and season subscriptions are on sale now. Patrons who purchase three or more shows save up to 20 percent on performances by becoming a season subscriber. To purchase a season subscription, call the Box Office at 630-637-SHOW (7469) or stop by the Box Office located in the Fine Arts Center at 171 E. Chicago Ave.
Performance information is subject to change. Visit northcentralcollege.edu/show throughout the season to purchase tickets and check for updates.
- 8PM Sat., Sept. 24: Jim Peterik’s World Stage
- 8PM Thurs., Oct. 20: Naturally 7
- 8PM Sat., Nov. 12: Edwin McCain
- 8PM Fri., March 24: The Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Blues, R&B and Jazz
- 8PM Sat., Oct. 8: Davy Knowles, sponsored by Advanced Data Technologies
- 8PM Sat., Feb. 18: Forever Motown
- 8PM Sat., Feb. 25: The Langston Hughes Project: Ask Your Mama (12 Moods for Jazz) featuring the Ron McCurdy Quartet
Country, Folk and Classical
- 3PM Sun., Jan. 15: Chicago Sinfonietta’s Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: THUNDER
- 3PM Sun., Feb. 5: Denyce Graves
- 8PM Sat., March 11: Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy
- 8PM Fri., May 19: Lee Greenwood
- 6PM Sun., Jan. 22: Tammy McCann “Legendary Ladies of Jazz”
- 6PM Sun., March 5: Brian Lynch “The Road to Les Miz”
- 6PM Sun., May 21: Alyssa Allgood
Youth and Family
- 12PM and 3PM Sun., Oct. 9: TheaterWorksUSA’s “The Lightning Thief: Theater for Young Audiences Edition”
- 10AM and 1PM Sat., Feb. 4: TheaterWorksUSA’s “The Magic School Bus – Lost in the Solar System”
- 3PM Sun., April 2: Fairytales on Ice
- 10AM and 1PM Sat., April 22: TheaterWorksUSA’s “Junie B’s Essential Survival Guide to School”
Holiday, sponsored by City of Naperville Special Events & Cultural Amenities Fund
- 8PM Sat., Dec. 3: Darlene Love
- 3PM Sun., Dec., 4: tenThing Brass Ensemble
- 8PM Thurs., Dec. 15: Ted Vigil: John Denver Tribute
North Central College Music – More Info Coming Soon
- Fri., Sept. 30: Homecoming Kickoff Concert
- Concert Winds & Big Band Opening Concert – TBA
- Explore the Sound – TBA
- Jazz Combo & Big Band Fall Concert – TBA
- Concert Winds Winter Concert – TBA
- Winter Choral Festival – TBA
- March 4: Chords for Kids
- April 11: Jazz Combo & Big Band Spring Concert
- April 12: Concert Winds Spring Concert
- April 14: Spring Choral “Finale!” Concert
North Central College Theater – More Info Coming Soon
- “Constellations” – TBA
- Theatre Show 2 – TBA
- “Next to Normal” – TBA
- “Renascence” – TBA
- March 4, 5: Theatre Dance Show
- March 30, 31, April 1, 2: Theatre Show 5 – TBA
- April 27, 28, 29, 30: Theatre Show 6 – TBA
North Central College’s 2022-2023 Fine and Performing Arts Performance Series is supported by the following sponsors and partners: City of Naperville Special Events and Cultural Amenities Fund; Illinois Arts Council Agency; BMO Harris Bank; Advanced Data Technologies; Blooming Color; Chef By Request; Elements at Water Street; Monarch Landing; Naperville Magazine; Naperville Park District; Nicor Gas; Catch 35; Dommermuth, Cobine, West, Gensler, Philipchuck and Corrigan, Ltd.; Marquette; Naper Settlement; Century 21 affiliated Ryan Hill Group; and Naperville Development Partnership.
North Central College since 1861
North Central College provides students with the confidence, instruction and direction they need to exceed their personal best inside and outside of the classroom and throughout their careers. Founded in 1861, and located just 28 miles west of Chicago in the Historic District of Naperville, Ill.—named among the nation’s “Best Places to Live” by Money magazine—North Central is home to nearly 3,000 students and offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 60 additional undergraduate minors and concentrations, and 13 graduate degree programs.
Visit northcentralcollege.edu to discover why U.S. News & World Report has named North Central a “Best in the Midwest” school for 20 years in a row and to learn more about the College’s state-of-the-art facilities and distinctive programs, particularly in the sciences and business.
Submitted by Jennifer Berosek, Coordinator of Fine Arts, for North Central College.
Think Dinner and the Show!
North Central College is just steps from downtown in the heart of Naperville where visitors will find dozens of eateries to whet every appetite before and after showtimes. For more information about all Naperville dining, visit www.dinenaperville.com.