Did you hear the one about…?
Tell a joke once in a while. One that makes you laugh out loud. Sometimes business can be stressful and overwhelming; even more so with this stupid virus throwing a wrench in our updated plans. Have a thought, or story or joke available that puts a smile on your face to keep things in perspective.
Here is a baker’s dozen of my favorites:
- This is the last year my family won’t be vacationing in Hawaii because of this stupid virus. Usually, it is because we cannot afford it.
- After 315 days of quarantine, my wife and I finished Netflix.
- A farmer friend of mine used some of his virus grant money to buy some chickens. He got the money for nothing and the chicks for free.
- I had a dream where an evil queen forced me to eat a gigantic marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was gone.
- My wife said, “You really have no sense of direction. Do you?” I said, “Where the heck did that come from?”
- I’m sick of millennials. Walking around like they rent the place.
- I can’t keep up with all the new construction on Ogden Ave in Naperville. Went to the stationary store, but found out it moved.
- I told my therapist, I can’t get the ‘Grease’ soundtrack out of my head… She said, “Tell me more.”
- My friend was really proud of his heritage until he found out that his great grandfather was from Transylvania. Now he can’t even look at himself in the mirror.
- Did you know Karl Marx had a sister, Onya? She invented the starter’s pistol!
- Ten years ago, U of I had a kleptomania tournament. My son took bronze, silver and gold.
- I never thought the comment “I wouldn’t touch them with a six-foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!
- They said a mask would be enough to go to The Jewels. They lied, everyone else had all their clothes on.
There is an old saying in sales, “If you can make them laugh, you can make them buy.”
Humor, in moderation throughout the selling process will Heat Up Your Sales!