Knowledge is power and good nutrition is the foundation of good health. We have been on a journey for many years now learning and evaluating what we eat, how we eat, and how to make improvements.
There is so much information out there that we can feel overwhelmed, and our goal has always been to sort through the “noise” and talk about the foundations of nutrition. It is always important to understand that we are each created uniquely and there is no one-size-fits-all approach.
This coming year we will explore the good, the bad and the downright ugly aspects of food:
- What are the best sweetener options?
- What are healthy fats?
- Are superfoods always super?
- What are the best and worst foods to eat?
- How do we read food labels accurately?
- What are the advertising rules for food and how do we determine the truth?
- Is fasting good for us? How often?
- Is there an approach to eating that is best for the majority of people?
We want to have a road map that takes us where we want to go, and that may mean trying a few different routes to see which one helps us feel our best.
Remember as we start 2024, lean into some of the principles that we explore regularly: hydrate, watch portion sizes, keep sweets in the treat category, and get some exercise.
Start by writing down goals, and be realistic about achieving them.
This past year went by quickly, didn’t it? So taking a year to achieve some health goals will be quicker than we think.
Be kind to yourself and others, and enjoy a lovely start to this gift of a new year. Happy 2024!