McGruff the Crime Dog first made a national appearance in 1980, teaching millions of Americans to “Take A Bite Out Of Crime.”
- Reports are 4,000 McGruffs are active as determined by the number of crime dog outfits in use.
- McGruff’s slogan is “Take A Bite Out Of Crime.”
- McGruff has posed for photos by Jo Lundeen and Crime Stopper calendars.
- McGruff sports a classy Corvette, a monster truck in Arizona, and a wiener wagon in Florida. But most of all, he likes to ride in patrol cars assisting law enforcement in Naperville.
- McGruff’s favorite crime-fighting techniques are to teach youngsters specific tips to be safe at home and school and to help law enforcement officers do their jobs better.
- McGruff is a “ham.” He enjoys doing PSAs for television and radio or posing for print or billboard advertising.
- McGruff has been seen at Safety Town and in downtown Naperville during Halloween festivities.
- McGruff once made an appearance at Quigley’s Irish Pub during its monthly Quiz Night hosted by the West Suburban Irish.
Keeping the community safe is everyone’s responsibility.
Take a bite out of crime. Thank you!