Traditional German cuisine and beer will be overflowing in a giant heated tent at Naper Settlement’s Oktoberfest from 5-10PM on Friday, Oct. 6 and from 3-10PM Saturday, Oct. 7.
There will be lively Oompah music on Friday and a mix of pop-polka, country, and hip hop on Saturday. Professional pumpkin carving demonstrations and lawn games for the whole family will take place each day. During the stein holding contest on Saturday, Naper Settlement will crown the strongest males and females with prizes awarded to the top three winners.
Belgio’s Catering, Ben’s Pretzels, John’s Rib House, and Decadent Flavor will serve tasty treats and traditional German cuisine, such as chicken schnitzel sandwiches, pretzels, and brats. There will be a variety of local and traditional beer selections, including Hofbräu Oktoberfest, Schöfferhofer Grapefruit, Schlafly Pumpkin, and others. Wine offerings from Bishops Hill Winery include Cabernet Sauvignon, Bishops Red Blend, and Sauvignon Blanc.
Activities and live music schedule on Friday, Oct. 6:
- 5-10PM – Professional pumpkin carving demonstrations and lawn games
- 5:30-7:30PM – Music by Ed Wagner’s Lustige Blaskapelle
- 8-10PM – Music by Polkaholics
Activities and live music schedule on Saturday, Oct. 7:
- 3-10PM – Professional pumpkin carving demonstrations and lawn games
- 3-5PM – Music by Freeze Dried
- 5-5:30PM – Men’s and women’s stein holding contest
- 5:30-7:30PM – Music by Whiskey Romance
- 8-10PM – Music by Lowdown Brass Band
Tickets are $20 adults and $15 youth ages 4-12. Naper Settlement members and children under 4 receive complimentary admission. For more information and tickets, visit