DuPage County Report
On Tuesday, the DuPage County Human Services Committee approved $659,517 in grants to assist small DuPage County nonprofit organizations.
The Small Agency Grant Program provided grants up to $25,000 for 38 County agencies that provide programs and services in the areas of economic development (including job readiness and literacy), education and mentoring, housing and shelter, behavioral health services, substance use disorder treatment, or food assistance.
“We are pleased to provide this crucial assistance to our County’s smaller nonprofits delivering important services to our residents most in need,” said Greg Schwarze, Chairman of the Human Services Committee. “Board members felt strongly that as the County continues to recover from the pandemic, we needed to reach into the community and ensure that these smaller agencies, which don’t often qualify for larger grant programs, could apply for and receive assistance so they could build on and expand initiatives making a real impact.”
The agencies awarded had to be a 501(c)(3) organization in good standing, have annual revenue under $300,000 and complete an application detailing the specific activities and outcomes to be supported by County funds. The DuPage County Board allocated more than $1 million the program at its May 9 meeting. Funding for the program came from investment earnings from the American Rescue Plan Act. Funds were distributed equally among the six County Board districts, with each district receiving no more than $175,000.
Any agency that previously received funding from the County under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act program or the American Rescue Plan Act program was ineligible for funding.
Naperville served by District 5 / Grants totaled $131,664.44
- HUM (Help-Unit-Motovate) H.O.M.E.S. – Helping Our Community: Hunger Relief, Outreach / $10,424.24
- Shelter Assistance Foundation and Encouragement SAFE (Shelter, Assistance, Foundation and Encouragement) / $10,424.24
- Grow Wellness Foundation Grow Outreach Alliance / $10,424.24
- Community Access Naperville CAN Community Based Program / $11,212.00
- Alif Foundation Alif Foundation / $1,600.00
- Path To Recovery Foundation Continuing Support for Path To Recovery Foundation’s Recovery / $10,424.24
- Indian Prairie Educational Foundation Kid Essentials Program / $100.00
- Ride Assist Naperville Volunteer Acquisition and RAN Expansion Project / $10,424.24
- Heart of a Veteran Heart of a Veteran NFP / $20,000.00
- Orchestra Parents/Patrons’ United Support or OPUS OPUS Dream Musicians Playing Next to Me Orchestra / $10,424.24
- Chinese American Women in Action (CAWA) CAWA Youth: Empowering Youth, Empowering Community / $24,995.00
- Career & Networking Center Empower the Job Seeker / $11,212.00