Above / Pictured are Dr. Daryl Wilson, Edward ER/Edward Foundation Board member; Amanda Sarnecke, RN, Yorkville; Rachel Walker, RN, Glendale Heights; Lauren Simon, RN, West Chicago; John Walwer, RN, Naperville; Lee A. Grabon, RN, Plainfield; Trish Fairbanks, Associate VP/Chief Nursing Officer, Edward Hospital; Kati Sibenaller, RN, Plano; Angela Jarzyna, RN, Minooka; Sandi Darnell, RN, Naperville; Yvette Saba, President, Edward Hospital and Brett Skeen, Executive Director, Edward Foundation.
The Edward Foundation has awarded $18,000 in nursing scholarships to nine Edward Hospital employees who are pursuing a degree or advanced degree in nursing. The employees were recognized in a ceremony on Feb. 16, 2023, at Edward Hospital.
The following individuals each received $2,000 to help cover tuition costs:
- Sandi Darnell, RN, North Naperville Immediate Care, a resident of Naperville
- Lee A. Grabon, RN, IVS Pre/Post Op, Plainfield
- Angela Jarzyna, RN, Edward Diabetes Clinic, Minooka
- Amanda Sarnecke, RN, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Yorkville
- Kati Sibenaller, RN, Edward Medical Group – Yorkville, Plano
- Lauren Simon, RN, Cardiac Telemetry Unit, West Chicago
- Jennifer Ugalde, RN, Surgery, Oswego (Not pictured)
- Rachel Walker, RN, ICU, Glendale Heights
- John Walwer, RN, Cardiac-Neuro ICU, Naperville
The Edward Foundation since 1990
The Edward Foundation was established in 1990 and has raised more than $57 million in its mission to support Edward Hospital’s community healthcare initiatives, invest in advanced diagnostic and treatment technology, attract world-class medical professionals and deliver the highest quality care to almost 1.7 million patients within the area it serves.
To make a donation or for more information about the Foundation, call (630) 527-3954 or visit www.edwardfoundation.org.
Report and photo submitted by Keith Hartenberger, System Director, Public Relations, NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health.