Above / Campers will go on adventures in history, art and science at Naper Settlement’s summer day camps. (Naper Settlement Photo)
Utilizing Naper Settlement’s beautiful 13-acre museum campus as their learning laboratory, campers in grades 1-8 will go on adventures in history, art, science, and more at the uniquely-themed Camp Naper summer day camps. Campers will enjoy hands-on educational activities, such as creating 3D-printed art projects, investigating scientific mysteries, and learning how pioneers survived in the past.
Beginning Feb. 6, camp registration opened to the public. Already some camp sessions are sold out. To view the list of camps and register, visit NaperSettlement.org/CampNaper.
“Whether taking a blast to the past, exploring foods and cultures from around the world, or learning about some of the quirkiest animals in the wild, each of our summer day camps provide an immersive learning experience that will capture your child’s imagination while strengthening their critical thinking and problem-solving skills.” said Jackie Maronic, senior team leader of learning experiences at Naper Settlement.
All camps provide leveled activities for younger and older campers.
Highlights for Camp Naper include…
- Coding Camp (June 12-14, July 5-7, or July 10-12): Campers will learn coding with Naper Settlement’s Robot Squad and create their own 3D-printed art projects in the museum’s brand-new IDNR (Illinois Department of Natural Resources) STEM lab.
- Mission: Survival (June 19-23): Campers will learn how the pioneers survived in Naperville before running water and electricity while training for survival in nature, helping others in a disaster, and encountering wild animals. This camp includes an off-campus trip to the paddleboat quarry.
- Shakespeare at the Settlement (July 10-14 and July 17-21): Campers will work with theater veterans to interpret the works of Shakespeare in a Victorian setting and encourage them in the performing arts. This two-week camp culminates with Camp Naper Presents: Shakespeare at the Settlement, a public event to showcase the campers’ diligent efforts and practice.
- Architecture Camp: Theme Parks (July 24-28): Campers will create a Camp Naper carnival with camper-created rides made from recycled materials while learning about architecture, design, and physics.
- Defying Gravity: Ag in Space (July 31-August 2): Campers will learn what plants need to grow and work together to develop the best ways to care for a plant in zero gravity.
For 2023, Camp Naper begins on June 5 and runs through August 2. Each camp runs from 9AM to 3PM, with drop off available for parents beginning at 8AM for no additional fee.
For more information about the camps and to register, visit NaperSettlement.org/CampNaper.