Fry Family YMCA is proud to offer programming and activities for all ages, which make great gifts for everyone on your list. Memberships include access to weight and cardio rooms, gyms to play basketball or volleyball, cardio rooms, a pool, group exercise and member rates on personal training and more!
We were so excited to welcome back Adventure Guides this fall! In Adventure Guides, parents* and children develop healthy relationships, gain a sense of belonging, and learn the importance of giving back to the community through one-on-one interactions, activities with other families, and community service projects. At the heart of the program are the Compass Points, which give members a sense of direction and an inspiration for activities:
- Family. Family is “true north”—the focal point of the program.
- Nature. The natural world and the camping experience are integral parts of the program.
- Community. The spirit of the program is experienced through belonging to a small
- Community—the Circle.
- Fun. Fun is the magic of the program.
The Y’s core values—caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility—make up the other guiding principles of the program.
*At the Y, we welcome all families. We define the term parents broadly to include all adults with primary responsibility for raising children: biological parents, adoptive parents, guardians, stepparents, grandparents raising children, or any other type of parenting relationship. All are welcome and encouraged to be guides in raising children for whom they are responsible or to whom they have committed to being a positive adult role model.
Here is our 2022 Federation Event Schedule:
- January 2022: Winter Campout at Camp Tecumseh
- February 2022: Cardboard Boat Regatta
- April 2022: National Volunteer Month
- May 2022: Spring Campout (Location TBD)
And more events to come!
Fry Family YMCA is home to the Three Owls Federation. Registration is open online or by phone at (630) 904-9595.