With ever changing mitigations in our community, the Fry Family YMCA is excited to continue to be your safe, trusted place to keep the whole family moving.
We here at The Fry Family YMCA recognize the importance of consistency for children and families especially during these uncertain times. We are proud to be open and offering the following opportunities for a healthy physical outlet:
- Preschool for 3-5 year olds
- Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
- Swim League
- Lap Swimming – Individual and Family
- General Fitness
- Group Fitness Classes
- Virtual Fitness Classes
- Personal Training
- Family Court time
- Family Tinker Lab
Here is how we are working with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) guidelines, to keep you and our Y staff safe:
- Masks are required at all times in our centers, including during group fitness classes (with the exception of pool swim). Face shields, meanwhile, are not permitted for members unless a special Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation is required. If you find certain movements difficult while wearing a face covering, feel free to ask your fitness instructor for exercise modifications.
- With current mitigations, the Fry Family YMCA can now operate at up to 50% capacity, provided that all staff, members, and program participants can maintain 6 feet of distancing at all times. Signage listing each room’s capacity is posted!
- Group fitness classes can accommodate up to 50% capacity of a given studio or exercise space. To secure your spot, please make a reservation in advance through our website or mobile app.
- Our check-in process will continue to require a temperature check, health screening questions, and waiver signing, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Dedicated staff member to monitor cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and high touch areas as well as monitor social distancing and mask wearing.
Please reach out to The Fry Family YMCA for details on how to sign your family up.