The Holidays are here! It’s historically a time for togetherness, and celebration. But this year will be something a little different. How do families maintain proper social distancing, health, and safety while keeping traditions alive during the coronavirus pandemic? This year is the perfect time to create some New Family Traditions.
While the world is full of uncertainty, especially with COVID in the mix, the one constant for us is our immediate family. Here are some ideas for New Family Traditions.
- Gather together to listen to an audio book, one chapter a night.
- Participate in weekly game night, rotating who picks the game you play.
- Look through and organize old family photos! Create an album in a book or online.
- Bake cookies and deliver to neighbors.
- Send letters to essential workers, this could include health care workers, letter carriers, garbage man, or grocery store clerks.
- Eat dinner together and start each meal sharing your “high” and your “low” for the day.
- Holiday Lights Drive. Get in your pajamas and snuggle with a blanket in the car to take a drive through neighborhoods to look at Holiday lights and lawn decorations.
We here at The Fry Family YMCA recognize the importance of consistency for children and families especially during uncertain times. We are proud to be open and offering the following opportunities for a healthy physical outlet;
- Preschool for 3-5 year-olds
- Kiddie Country programming for 2-year-olds
- Private Swim Lessons
- Lap Swimming
- General Fitness
- Group Fitness Classes
- Personal Training
Please reach out to The Fry Family YMCA for details on how to sign your family up! This month we are offering $0 Joiners Fee!