Above / With health and safety of the community top of mind, the ownership and service staff at Mesòn Sabika were prepared to welcome guests to the historic mansion at 1025 Aurora Avenue in Naperville. All that kindness, warmth and understanding were put on hold Sun., March 15. Now they’re open for take out. (PN Photo in the rain, March 14, 2020)
PN Update, March 23, 2020 / Mesòn Sabika continues to provide catering and take-out services from 11AM to 7PM. Simply visit www.mesonsabika.com to see menus. Then give them a call at to place your order with time of pick up. Phone orders only, please. Call (630) 983-3000.
With pick up, the popular Spanish tapas restaurant offers 50 percent-off wines and sangria to-go, too.
No alcoholic beverages are available with Door Dash.
Thanks for supporting Mesòn Sabika and all Naperville restaurants whenever possible. Thanks for tipping, too!
PN Update, March 15, 2020 / Today, Sunday, Illinois Governor JB Pritzkerr ordered all restaurants and bars to close for two weeks in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus, which has infected more than 3,200 Americans and killed 62. Doors are to be closed to customers from the end of business Mon., March 16, through Tues., March 30, according to the Governor’s order.
A number of Naperville’s restaurant owners/managers (The City has more than 260 restaurants of all different tastes.) told us that take-out would be allowed. The governor said restaurant owners could work with food delivery services and keep their kitchens open, an option that may or may not be beneficial or practical.
Mesòn Sabika provides catering and take-out services.
Hossein Jamali is among the most generous, thoughtful and grateful business owners in the community. We know he has his guests and staff top of mind.
Kindly stay informed. And thanks for supporting the local business community whenever possible. —PN
Original Post, March 14, 2020 / To Our Valued Guests:
At Mesòn Sabika and Tapas Valencia, it is always our top priority to provide our guests the best possible care in our restaurants, as well as to ensure the health and safety of our guests, staff and our community.
In our 30 years of business, we have continuously exceeded top industry standards when it comes to the cleanliness and sanitation practices in our restaurants. We want to take this opportunity to let you know of the policies and procedures we have in place surrounding COVID-19/Coronavirus.
What we’re doing:
- Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Educating our staff on preventative measures provided by the CDC.
- Creating larger spaces for guests between dining tables in our restaurants.
- Increasing the frequency of wipe downs of all hard surfaces including the kitchen, bathrooms, bars, and dining rooms.
- Providing additional resources that are available to guests and staff including hand sanitizers.
- Implementing heightened sanitation and hand-washing procedures for all staff.
- Discouraging all personal contact within our restaurants, including shaking hands.
What we are asking from our staff:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- All staff must wear gloves while preparing or touching food.
- Sanitize all surfaces on an ongoing basis.
- Wash clothing and apron daily.
- Never touch any food with bare hands.
- Clean shoe surfaces.
What we encourage guests as well as staff to do:
- Wash your hands frequently and use a paper towel to dry.
- Use paper towel to open any door handles.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are feeling the first signs of illness.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue.
Please know that we have an experienced staff member whose sole responsibility every day is to make sure that we are always following best practices as it pertains to guest safety and restaurant cleanliness. We will continue to work around the clock to ensure our teams are going above and beyond in keeping our restaurant safe for all.
Thank you for your patience and trust in us. Our goal is to ensure you remain confident in dining with us during these challenging circumstances and know that your health is a priority in everything that we do.
We are confident that our restaurant is safe and will continue to operate as normal.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to contact us.
Thank you and stay healthy,
Hossein Jamali, President
Editor’s Note / Tapas Valencia is located at 1530 S. State Street in Chicago.