There are only two ways to Heat Up Your Sales: 1) obtain new customers, and 2) get your current customers to buy more from you.
1. Conduct a Mid-Year Review. Compare your January to June results with last year. Are you down or up? Look at total company, by sales rep, and product or service. You will know the best rep and your best service or product. Does every customer buy your best product?
2. Make every sales call count. Listen attentively; we have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Handle those expected objections with professionalism, watch for buying signals, and ask trial closing questions to get a positive result.
3. Plan the Back Half of 2018. Look at last year July to December results and develop a monthly plan to obtain better results. Review results monthly and make adjustments if necessary and 2018 will be your best year ever.
4. Offer gift certificates. Finding the perfect gift is rare. Being able to purchase a gift certificate on-line at Christmas, may give you a competitive edge. $500 towards a website revamp; $400 towards a new office chair. Give a best customer a six-month ad in Positively Naperville?
5. Focus on high payoff activities. Ask yourself, “Is this activity the best use of my time?”
6. Expect to succeed. If you think you are not going to get the sale, you won’t. Set your objectives, hustle and give your professional best. Expect to obtain good results. “I am going to knock it out of the park!”