I only have two weeks to complete my bucket list chores before we leave for Thrillville. The list includes:
- Repair the grass drop seeder that doesn’t drop seed anymore.
- Reseeding the yard and pastures after the drop seeder start dropping seed again.
- Digging a ditch to bury a drain pipe for downspout runoff from the Lanai.
- Patch every crack in the barn equipment room and the tack room so the dirtdobbers wont build mud huts on the walls.
- Put timers on all the lights in the house so they’ll blink on/off so often it’ll confuse the thieves into thinking we’re having a family fight and won’t come near.
- Convince the eight black ducks living on our lake that I won’t be around any longer to feed them twice daily and they’d better find a different dummy to feed them all summer.
- Get rid of my golf hook so I won’t embarrass myself as I face my summer hackers when I get home.
- Last but most important, I must put all the outside chairs, tables, umbrellas, boats, aerators, watering cans, hoses, Bochi Balls, horseshoes and Marine Corps flags in the barn.
It’ll be great getting back home and dragging hoses all summer to keep the crap Kathy plants around the farmette alive. I actually think artificial plants around the farm would look better than the stuff she plants. Just saying…