When people feel out of options or low in energy and motivation, it’s often due to neglecting our Creative Selves. With so many demands on our time, it’s important to boost our energy in mind, body, and spirit by making time for creativity.
Start with ways to break out of your rut. Pick an activity that will stretch you. Try something that is artistic such as painting or scrap-booking. Or choose a theme such as Wellness or My Career in 5 Years and select action steps out of your usual routine. Schedule a massage or identify
three people that could help with career ideas. Often craft or wellness stores or libraries have free or low cost books or classes to get started.
Here are a few creative strategies:
- Insight-Speak with a therapist or someone else who is objective about your situation to get new awareness. Reading an article or book on the topic can get you on the right track.
- Movement-Getting active can get your creative process going. A walk and talk helps since movement can aid understanding. And, exercise boosts the flow of oxygen to the brain.
- Mind Rest-It’s tough for most of us to slow down enough to be fully in the Present and clear our minds of clutter. That means taking a break from electronic gadgets and distractions.
- Use Both Hands-Whether it is to repair, rebuild or paint this principle has powerful effects on brain balancing. Knitting before bed reduces the stress hormones making it easier to fall asleep.
- Mental Shift-Take time to mentally change the channel? Use visualization exercises that recreate happy memories or beautiful scenery. Gratitude and journaling will remind you of positive moments opening you up to new people, ideas and options to get unstuck.