The Naperville Park District recently launched a major redesign of its website, www.napervilleparks.org, featuring both technical improvements and a fresh new look. The updated website features were developed with the user in mind, incorporating helpful feedback received through the conducting of several community focus groups and surveys.
“Over the past several years we have seen continued growth in online registration and use of our website,” said Director of Marketing and Communications Sameera Luthman. “That said, soliciting customer feedback was an essential part of the redesign process. We asked our customers what features and functions were most important to them while using our website and focused our new design on improving those areas.”
Users will immediately notice the new design, which introduces the Districts new tagline, “Engage Your Senses.” Additionally, the use of consistent colors, fonts and a white background all help to promote readability and usability.
A new navigation system allows users to access every page from every page with a single click.
To provide for easier access to information that most users need, the website now includes the following new features to enhance our customer’s online experiences:
- New events calendar that is accessible from every page
- Live search function that is faster and more accurate
- Interactive Google maps to easily locate parks and facilities
- Upgrades to RecEnroll, the District’s online registration system, that improve readability and efficiency in finding and registering for programs
- New photo and video galleries
To view the new website please visit www.napervilleparks.org.