There are over 60,000 Veterans in DuPage County and 12,000 to 14,000 Veterans in the Naperville area. As a result of these numbers, the Naperville Township Supervisor and Trustees felt it was imperative to create a means to assist that Veteran population.
The Veterans & Senior Advocate office is here to assist veterans and their families in applying for federal, state, and local veterans benefits. There is no fee or charge of any kind for this service.
Many Veterans are not aware that the government provides medical care, education assistance, employment services, pension and disability compensation, burial and memorial assistance and an array of other services.
If a Veteran’s discharge papers have been lost or destroyed duplicate papers can be applied for.
This office is a concierge service for Veterans. There are some areas the Veterans Advocate may not be able to help but will contact the Veterans Administration, the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs, the DuPage County Veterans Assistance Commission or the VFW and American Legion State Service Officers.
For additional information please call Mike Barbour at (630) 355-2786. Please also visit the Judd Kendall VFW Post 3873 website HERE.
A few myths of Veterans Health Care Coverage…
- I am not eligible…I was turned down already… I make too much money…
- I already have health insurance
- It would affect my current health care coverage
- I was never in a combat zone
- My condition is not combat related
- I don’t need it
- Do I have to use the VA doctor’s and facilities?
- What do I have to do to register for VA health care?