The 2012 Small Business of the Year Awards presentation will be held on May 18
According to a message from John Schmitt, President & CEO of the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce, in this week’s Current, 45 nominees have been selected to vie for the 15th Annual Small Business of the Year Awards.
The nominees and recipients will be feted during ceremonies slated to begin at 6PM Fri., May 18, at the Chicago Marriott Naperville. (Note: The photo was taken when John Schmitt was speaking after the ribbon-cutting ceremonies in early April.)
The event that will be sponsored by BMO Harris Bank.
The Small Business of the Year (SBY) Award is the highest entrepreneurial honor the Chamber awards its members. It is the business community’s way of recognizing outstanding work done of, for and by the members.
The SBY Awards are divided into six categories: Business to Business, Business to Consumer, Professional, Not-for-Profit, Retail, and Excellence in Business. Members nominate one another for the awards. Once nominations are submitted, the winners are selected by the blue-ribbon committee-a panel of last year’s winners.
The nominees in each category are as follows:
• Awards & Fine Gifts, Inc.*
• E2 Services, Inc.
• IT Solutions, Inc.
• Paul Gregory Media*
• RPC Leadership Associates, Inc.
• The Price Group
• Vintage Tech Recyclers* & **
• Acceleration Sports Training Centers
• Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
• Bob Jung Painting & Decorating, Inc. *
• BrightStar Healthcare of Naperville
• Clark’s Car Care * & **
• Exterior Designers, Inc. *
• Innovative Orthodontic Centers
• La Sorella Di Francesca
• Naperville Patch
• Seven Bridges Golf Club
• Shinto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
• Fair Lady Productions, Inc.
• Giving DuPage*
• Judd Kendall VFW Post 3873
• Naperville CARES * & **
• Naperville Education Foundation
• Our Children’s Homestead
• Project Help
• Rotary Club of Naperville*
• Teen Parent Connection
• Buth Group, Ltd
• Cowart Chiropractic Clinic *
• Jeffrey Ross Photography * & **
• John S. Irving, D.D.S., P.C.
• Klein, Hall & Associates, LLC
• Law Firm of Sullivan Taylor & Gumina
• Naperville Dental Specialists & General Oral Health Care
• West Suburban Education Associates *
• Wheaton Eye Clinic of Naperville
• Bri’Zan Couture
• Eddie Z’s Blinds & Drapery *
• Kuma’s Asian Bistro
• Odyssey Fun World *
• Two Bostons * & **
Excellence in Business
• Extra Edge, LLC
• GJK Associates, Inc.
• Kicks Shoes
• Profit Focused Principles *
• Top Level Fitness *
• WAR Chest Boutique *
The four-hour awards gala will take place at the Chicago Marriott Naperville, located at 1801 Naper Boulevard. The hotel, recently renovated, held a ribbon cutting ceremony earlier in April that attracted Mayor George Pradel, City Council members as well as many members of the NACC and guests.
To attend the Small Business Awards event or for more information, call the NACC during business hours at (630) 355-4141 or visit naperville.net.
Editor’s Note: OnMay 20, 2012, this page was updated to reflect the top three businesses recognized by category at the SBY Awards ceremony are designated by an asterisk *. The recipient of the 2012 SBY Award has * & **. Clark’s Car Care was named the overall Small Business of the Year.